Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Happy birthday, Mr President ....

Urgh, I have the lurgy. I am feeling distinctly under the weather, so not much crafting going on just now. But here's something I made for a laugh last week - Marilyn Monroe!I made the body by following this pattern, then crocheted the top part of the dress (I found this easier than knitting as I could measure it as I went along), then the skirt I knitted on 3mm needles, starting with 50 sts, then increasing to 100 stitches on the third row. A lot of boring knitting! I finished with four garter stitch rows, to which I then attached some fine wire, in order to make the skirt "blow" up. For the hair, I knit some acrylic DK on 5mm needles, then ironed it as hot as I could to "kill" the acrylic. Then I unwound it and carefully sewed it to her head to make her waved hair. I am quite pleased with the result, but not sure what to do with it now! It might form part of another giveaway in the future.

I also got a nice surprise in the mail this morning - a picture of some knitted cupcakes I made just before Christmas, but forgot to photograph before I sent them off! Thank you very much to My Precious Family Time for the photo.


Cupcakes are great fun to make; I have a cupcake commission coming up and I'm looking forward to it!

I'm now off to nurse my temperature. Gah. I hate being ill!

4 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I love the cupcakes too!
    Have a good day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Marilyn is awesome. Feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you! Sending healthy vibes. Hope Marilyn is proud of her eyelashes, I'd love flickery eyes like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey :) just found your lovely blog, this mini marilyn is lovely :D hope you feel better soon ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!