Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

More vintage deliciousness

At Christmas, whilst staying with my parents, my mum pulled out a huge box of fabric she had been given by my aunty when she had moved house recently. Much of the fabric had lain undisturbed in a box for the best part of forty years. Some of it was beautiful Thai silk which my dad had purchased when visiting there before he was married.
The pink colour is absolutely fabulous, it is a combination of pink and orange and shimmers in the light!

This photo doesn't do the blue justice; it has a purple shimmer running through it.



We then unpacked lots of wonderful cottons ...

And oohed and ahhed over the fabulous patterns ...

And the oh-so sixties colour combinations!



This one is particularly fantabulous, I think:


Sadly they are mostly bits left over from dressmaking, so most pieces are barely a fat-quarters-worth.


So I shall have to be very sparing in my use of them!


Which is your favourite? Do let me know!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. Also thanks so much for thinking of me for the award. You probably will think me an old sourpuss, but I don't blog about and pass on awards anymore.

    Lucky you being given so many lovely fabrics.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - I love to read them all!